Sunday, March 7, 2010

HEART BEAT


Walking with a beat on the way home from a friend's place two weeks ago, I wrote this song that is to be sung to techno/trance. (Shachah means worship and yadah means praise!)


HEART BEAT

Your cross keeps singing over me
A million times a million times a million songs
Your Spirit pouring over me
Grace upon and grace upon and grace upon

You know my body better than I do – do – do!
Than I do – do – do!
So I’ll move my body, dancing it for You – You – You!
For You – You – You!

I do things that I’m not supposed to
Cos I depend upon the Ghost to
Raise my hands and move my feet
Jesus is my heart beat – beat – beat!
Jesus is my heart beat – beat – beat!

Your love keeps looking over me
Covering and covering my wrong and wrong
Your joy is dancing over me
Moving me on and on and on

Us white boys don’t know how to dance
Where stuck, stuck, stuck in trance
Jesus teach us how to groove
Holy Spirit bust a move!

Yadah-yadah-yadah-yadah-yadah-yadah-yadah-yadah-
BOOM! Yadah-yadah-BOOM!

Shachah-shachah-shachah-BAM! Shachah-shachah-shachah-BAM!
Shachah-shachah-shachah-BAM! BAM!


© 20/2/2010 Words and Music By Jake Elliot, All Rights Reserved, (Registered with APRA)

No comments:

Post a Comment