Sunday, April 4, 2010

GOLGOTHA'S SHADOW


I stand on the skull near the tree
Golgotha’s shadow over me
The blood of God flowing from Calvary
My rite of passage to eternity

By the blood, through the blood
I am washed, restored and free
With the blood, in the blood
I’m made sinless in Thee
Through the Lamb that was slain
He has taken away
The sins of this world, they no longer remain

I stand in the dust near the tree
Azazel's shadow over me
The life of God falling from calvary
Covenant blood of immortality

Behold the Lamb
Of God has come
To take away the sins
Of the whole world

In the shade of Golgotha
In the blood of Golgotha
In that moment of Golgotha
I remain…
… I am with Him


© Words and Music by Jake Elliot, All Right’s Reserved, (Registered With APRA)

No comments:

Post a Comment