Monday, June 14, 2010

BIBLE COMPARISON

I could have the pessimistic honesty of Maciah
Or the careful nature of Jehausophat
The cowardice and wisdom of Jonah
Or the bravery ad humility of Gideon

I could have the lamenting prophetic soul of Jeremiah
Or the sought after power of Elijah
But who am I in God?
What’s my character in God?

I could have the servant heart of Mary
Or the rebellious nature of Jonathan
The glorified walk of Enoch
Or the wisdom of Solomon

I could have the visions of Daniel and Ezekiel
Or have the beauty and power of Esther
But what’s my purpose in God?
What’s my nature in God?

I could seek the heart of God like David
Or have theoretical skills like professor Luke
The stupidity and strength of mighty Sampson
Or be an untamed wild-man John the Baptist

I could have the zeal like Apostle Paul
Or be given the promise of faith like Abraham
The authority and power of mighty Moses
But who does God say I am?

What did they have that made God use them?
For all were written for they were used by God
Through them God revealed His glory, purpose and will
But now I have something powerful called ‘the blood’

I am in God and ‘I Am’ is in me
He knows my plans and destiny
No one can tell me what I will be
Except I have His Life, Ghost and nature in me

… How those in ancient times desire what I have now in Christ…


© 2006 Words By Jake Elliot, All Rights Reserved, (Registered With APRA)

No comments:

Post a Comment