Monday, November 8, 2010

TODAY I STAND CONDEMNED

Today I stand condemned
For I do not have the faith
Like these other prosperous men
Who receive God’s financial grace

I feel like John the Baptist
Stuck out in the wilderness
Called out and not to enter
A life so dreamy and ‘prosperous’

Will I end up like John for the gospel?
Where in jail I will pathetically wait
For my time before prosperous Herod
My head offered on a plate?

So today John stands condemned
For he does not have the faith
Like these other prosperous leaders
Who receive God’s financial grace

I feel worthless like Jeremiah
Or the other prophets ostracized
Who were labeled commotions and liars
Their message mocked and scrutinized

Will I end up lamenting for God’s people?
And be avoided by the rich at all cost?
Thrown into jails and to cess pools
Because I stand up for the lost?

So today God's prophets stand condemned
For they do not have the faith
Like these other prosperous prophets
Who receive God’s financial grace

I feel like the twelve apostles
Persecuted wherever sent
Hassled, gossiped and jostled
Rejected wherever they went

Will I end up martyred or victimized
By the church and it’s false teachers?
Or hung, ripped to pieces or tortured
Made a spectacle to every creature?

So today 12 disciples stand condemned
For they do not have the faith
Like these other prosperous teachers
Who receive God’s financial grace

I feel like the Apostle Paul
Who held firmly to his Grace's message
Rejected by Jew, (and sometimes all)
About embracing the false teaching presage

Will I end up kicked out of the church I love
And spat on by those called 'brothers'
Left dead in the dust or hung up in jail
While I desperately preach to others?

So today Apostle Paul stands condemned
For he does not have the faith
Like these other prosperous apostles
Who receive God’s financial grace

I sometimes feel like Jesus Christ
His people rejecting Him for pleasure
Judging him on his unfortunate life
Friends of sinner and beggar

Well I end up crucified like my Lord
By the people and Pharisees today?
Will they judge me in error, blinded by lights
Looking godly in games they play?

So today Jesus Christ stands condemned
For He does not have the faith
Like these other prosperous men of God
Who receive God’s financial grace

Don’t forget Jeremiah, Paul and John
They've failed before today’s Godly men
Who preach every man today has it wrong
(But under it, even Christ is condemned!)

Today men take what they want from the Word
And test not with Wisdom’s Light
For their gospel is measured by what is seen
They don’t live by faith – or sight.

So today all of heaven and earth are condemned
For none come close to the faith
Of these other prosperous men of God
Who receive God’s financial grace


© Words by Jake Elliot, All Rights Reserved, (Registered with APRA)

No comments:

Post a Comment