Sunday, April 17, 2011

DUST

One day man, in his pitiful ways,
Sat in the dust with a sorrowful face
He’s seen enough folly day in and out
And from within he let forth a shout:

“Oh God! Everything’s worthless as dust!” Said man
“But dust is what made you when the world began.”
“But everything we do is such wasted breath!”
“But breath is my gift of life, not death!”

The man felt no comfort in what was said
And sat waiting for God to leave him as dead
“The world is so twisted! And I blame you!
You claim you’re sovereign! What do you do?”

“You say that you’re love, ‘but the world is blind’
How can a loving God be so unkind?
The world is dying and is getting much worse
All because YOU bought on this curse!”

“It’s completely unbearable! What’s this all for?
It’s come to the point I can’t take any more!
What you gonna say and what will you do?
It’s about time that man got an answer from You!”

...

God let out a sigh and said, “Just so you know
My Answer came two thousand years ago
My perfection highlighted the state of man
My light exposed their sin stained hands.”

“For man cannot stand my righteousness
Nor tolerate love and deep tenderness
For sin tainted you to twist what is right
And manufacture darkness from my light”

“And while man fell to depths unbearable
I kept catching you, my love unshakeable
I give man pure grace while they ignore
The things I give them, what I do and more”

But they had no excuse when I came in flesh
Perfect in all things to show righteousness
But darkness couldn’t stand the light of God
So they broke my flesh and drank my blood

“But I am worthy as man to be raised from the dead
For the accuser, I bruised his serpent head
I’ve taken his position as mediator of man
And reconcile man to myself once again”

“This pain and turmoil that man still faces
Is given so that man may turn from wrong places
For if I did not limit my creation’s direction
Man’s sin would be worse in earth’s perfection”

“This perfect creation would be twisted by man
And be hundred times worse with his devious plans
I had to curse my creation so it will be
Not a tool to hurt others, you and Me”

“I know man’s thoughts and I know man’s ways
And I hate to see my image abused each day
For the glory that man strives to seek for his gain
Is never enough, and just adds to his pain”

“And I’ve given man pain to show something’s wrong:
Sin and death was man’s ally all along
It’s this partnership that’s destroying his make-up
So this pain is a gift so that man can wake up”

“To the truth that he is simply in need of me
Not his own ‘holiness’ and dignity
I created man to partner with me forever
Hand in hand in life together”

“Hear the calling of my Son and cry of my Spirit
Hear the groans of creation and everything in it
It yearns to be free as does man’s spirit too
So fall into my arms where I can catch You”

“Your testimony is over, you’ve reached your end
You’ve tried to find the greatest of friends
But all have forsaken you and you’re alone
You’re starting to see you're on your own.”

“Sin separates man and divides oneself
And sin makes your life a literal hell
Say ‘Yes!’ to my Spirit and watch my Son provide
The love that you need down deep inside”

“I’ll not take you from troubles, but you wont be alone
I’ll be with you in Spirit, make you feel at home
My Fountain’s within you and it shall flow
With faith, hope and love wherever you go”

“I have faith in you; hope in you and my love
Feel me shine down upon you from above
Walk in this assurance every single day
That I am with you no matter what way”

“You think, you act or the things that you speak
For I am your strength when You are weak
I’ve made you righteous, glorious and sinless too
For You’re born of my Spirit, through and through”

“You may look in the world and see it groaning
And buckle under your vessel that’s moaning
For all want to see the future glory at hand
I shall redeem both creation and man”

“We are made for eachother, and I wish to reveal
My glory in you as a soldier on field
So go through these birth pangs so that people can see
Me in you and you in Me”

“Hold everything sacred and dear to your heart
See me in everything in how I’m apart
Of making things new; turning bad to good
And know; like my Son, you’ll be misunderstood”

“I have given you everything you need to live in
Show the rest of the world what I have given
Minister to the world of man; do not fear it
Speak heart to heart and spirit to spirit”

“Don’t be overcome by man and death
My life is in you so speak my breath
I have now said enough, lest you sit hear and rust
So rise up and live, learn to value the dust”


© 2pm 25/09/2009, Words By Jake Elliot, All Rights Reserved, (Registered With APRA)

No comments:

Post a Comment